This all in one method is made even easier with the Masha, perfect for afternoon tea.
- 175g very soft butter
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 175g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 250ml double cream
- 6 tsp strawberry or raspberry Jam
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Heat the oven to 170⁰C and grease and line with baking paper 2 x 20cm sandwich tins. Add the butter, caster sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder to a large bowl.
- Using the Masha with the aerator blade combine all the ingredients together for 2 minutes. Divide the mixture evenly between the tins and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and springy to touch. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out and cooling completely on a wire rack.
- While the cake is cooling. Place the cream into a bowl and use the Masha with the aerator blade to whip the cream. Simply use an up and down motion, as the air is incorporated into the cream it will thicken. Do not over whip it needs to be spreadable but not clumpy.
- When the cake has cooled remove the baking paper from each cake and spread the jam onto the top of one cake and the cream on the underside of the other and sandwich them together with whipped cream
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Tip: When whipping cream use the Aerator blade, use an up and down motion, this will maximise the amount of air and will whip your cream in no time.