- 120g butter, very soft
- 120g caster sugar
- 120g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 140g unsalted butter, very soft
- 275g icing sugar, sifted
- 3 ripe strawberries, plus extra for garnish
- Heat the oven to 160°C fan and pop 12 paper cases into a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Add the butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla to a bowl and using the Masha with the aerator blade mix the ingredients together using an up and down motion. Only mix until all the ingredients are incorporated, don’t over mix otherwise they won’t be light and fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases as evenly as possible. Bake them in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and springy to touch. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 mins before removing them and placing them on a wire rack.
- To make the buttercream, add the butter, icing sugar and strawberries to a bowl and use the Masha to mix until smooth and the strawberries have been incorporated into the mixture.
- Pipe the buttercream on to the cakes, to use make a rose style cake use a 1M piping nozzle, this makes them look really special. Garnish with a slice of strawberry if required or maybe a sprinkle of edible glitter.