- 175g caster sugar
- 230g self-raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 150g Natural yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 175g unsalted butter, melted
- 150g salted butter
- 250g icing sugar, sifted
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- Plus, a little extra for drizzling
- Heat the oven to 170°C fan and pop 12 paper cases into a 12-hole muffin tin.
Add the sugar, flour, cocoa powder and baking powder to a bowl and using the Masha with the aerator blade mix the ingredients together until fully mixed. In a separate bowl mix the yogurt, eggs and melted butter and whisk these using the Masha.
- Add half the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient and mix using the Masha, then add the remainder of the dry ingredients. Only mix until all the ingredients are incorporated, don’t over mix otherwise the cakes won’t be light and fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases as evenly as possible, the cases will be quite full. Bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes golden and springy to touch, insert a cocktail stick in the centre if it comes out clean, they are ready. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 mins before removing them and placing them on a wire rack until fully cool.
- Add the butter and half the icing sugar to a bowl and use the Masha to mix it together adding in the remaining icing sugar, when all the sugar has been incorporated add most of the melted chocolate and continue to mix using the Masha until smooth and creamy. Add the buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a nozzle.
- When the cakes are cool, take a sharp knife and cut a circle out of the top of the cake and remove the small circle of cake, pipe buttercream into the centre of the cake in a circular motion until it reaches the top of the cake and top the buttercream with the small piece of cake that you removed. Repeat with the remaining cakes. When finished drizzle all the cakes with the remaining melted chocolate.